Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Helios 150

Hi All,

I have acquired the above scope but its not really any use to me. From what I can see its an older version of the skywatcher st150 so would not be worth using for imaging and a bit large to use as a finder scope. The finder bracket has been damaged and glued but this need doing properly with some araldite and I may get round to doing this.

I cannot find any for sale but have no ideas on what its worth due to its age. The optics seem okay and the focuser is just like my st80 but 2".

Is there any demand for these anymore? 

There is still a market for these 150mm F/5 achromats as deep sky / rich field observing scopes.

They seem to sell as an optical tube for around £200-£250 in good condition. Probably less with the damage to the finder bracket.

49 minutes ago, spillage said:

Thanks @John

I am sure it is the 1200 f8 version. I might if I have time tonight have a proper look at it and see how back the bracket is.

OK - you said ST150 in your opening post so I assumed F/5 - the ST's are F/5's. If it is the F/8 it's an Evostar.

I've owned 3 of the 150mm F/8's which I bought used. They go for around £200 I seem to recall, sometimes less. Again it all depends on the condition.

49 minutes ago, spillage said:

Thanks for all the input. I am very surprised to hear it would be any good for imaging. I may be tempted if the clouds ever disappear. 

I think Olly was referring to the visual image rather than the "imaged" image ?

Archived