Not the most successful evening...

Helen

Its not particularly clear, but I thought it was worth a go to see if I could sort the problems out from a couple of nights ago.

The good news is that I've managed to get focus with both my scopes for both main camera and guider :lol:

The scope seems to cope with reasonable times unguided on the ZS66 at its native focal length. SO here's my first ever M45 - not very well framed, not much nebulosity, and struggling with dew I think! (oh and only a quick and dirty process on the obs PC which currently has a poor screen and no Noel's tools) But apart from that.... :)

SXVFH9 - ZS66 - on NS8, but unguided (couldn't get a guidestar at f10 on the C8) 15x60s, stacked with 2xdrizzle in DSS and a bit of processing in elements

9726_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

I've also got an M27, an hour's data, but the stars are odd shaped - no idea what went wrong :lol: (I was in having tea at the time :D ) but I don't think its a guiding problem as the stars were odd shapes even on short exposures :D

Never mind, all part of the learning!

Helen

Hi Helen!!!!

You might be surprised how much nebulosity you have picked up in your image.......You cant always tell on B/W images but id say, looking between the colour images and your image that you have a cracking capture there, even though not all of it is in shot.

Mark

Thanks for the encouragement! and nice to know there's company out there :) I must admit I'm calling it a night now - seeing has deteriorated, and my warm bed is calling.

I'll give the data another going over tomorrow.

Goodnight!

Helen

Archived