NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M15 24th October

AndyM

Here's a quick attempt at M15.

I started the night intending to image NGC 7331 but nothing seemed to go too well - focus was out, tracking all wrong etc etc so I switched to M15 and had a bit more luck.

I was quite pleased how the granularity of the cluster showed up - I usually manage to burn out the core on these.

9723_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

20 frames of 90 seconds, 15 each of darks, flats and bias frames (first time I've used flats and bias) all stacked with DSS then processed in Paintshop.

Canon 350d @ ISO 800 with a 2x teleconverter on the 8" Skywatcher Newt.

Andy.

Thanks for the comments folks. :)

thing - I agree about the trailing, just couldn't seem to nail a good polar alignment last night for some reason, the images of NGC 7331 I took were much worse than this. :oops:

Andy.

Hi Andy,

Like the Image and the Diffraction spikes on the top left star certainly add to it :)

Have you checked the subs before stacking it might just be the odd rogue one in there. It's usually better to lose some exposure time by culling any dodgy subs than have them left in.

Billy..

Archived