Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Burnt out Bode

MartinB

M81 - Bodes galaxy. One of our observation targets for the month. I took some shorter exposures for the centre but they have ended up as bleached out as much as the longer ones. So, more practice needed but I'm quite pleased with the rest. It's a beautiful galaxy.

image.jpg

Martin

Thanks James. So far so good with the goto. It doesn't always bring it onto the chip (it is a very narrow field of view) so I sometimes have to unscrew everything to have a look through the EP. With the horsehead it came up on the chip which was fortunate cos I don't think I could have located it otherwise. I am trying to get hold of a fastar lens which is what Roger used with the Atik. It gives F1.9 so shorter exposures and wider field of view.

Martin

Well done Martin, I would give anything just to view that through the ep, let alone anything else.... :?

Thanks Caz. That's the nice thing about using a long exposure camera. You can select the exposure time and K3CCDtools runs a continuously updating preview. Even just 5 seconds will bring out loads more detail than can be seen through the EP. Its magical. :laugh:

Roger, nice to know it's not just me. Definitely on to work on!

Martin

WOW Martin how long have you been imaging with that C8? It's only a couple of weeks and your getting images like this. Hmmm what on earth have I been doing for 3 years?

As Rog says, one of the hardest to get decent detail...but you've managed it really well.

Great job!

Russ

Thanks Russ. Well you recommended the NS8 GPS to me and I am very grateful for that. The tracking is great and minimal effort to set up.

Caz, it may be possible one day you never know :laugh: Until then there is the Mintron which is a ccd surveillance camera which gives a continually updating image and is supposed to have the effect of increasing your aperture by a factor of 5. This would give you a 40" scope!!!!!

Martin

Archived