Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Pier help and advice

Hello all

Im wanting to build first of all a pier maybe set in concrete for my Eq6. I have seen this which I could get https://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p8595_Lacerta-Concrete-Pier-Adapter-for-Skywatcher-mount-EQ6-and-EQ8.html

afterwards I could set this into a concrete pillar. What do people think? I am not sure if a metal pier would be better but they cost too much! If anyone is selling one let me know :) anyway the system above looks to work with my mount but could if anyone has a better idea please let me know some other options. 

Ive tried too looking for some decent looking aluminium discs that do not come from China so I could make it myself. I could do it in steel but I want a nice looking job afterwards. More to please the wife. :) any options I’ve missed? For sure!

Thanks

Gerry

I found a local welder who made a pier for me from steel pipe which he welded shut and mounted on a flat plate.  The plate was drilled to match the bolts in the concrete pier base; the top drilled to accept an off-the-shelf mount adapter.  I had it powder coated to prevent rust.  Eight year later I do have a few specks of rust that I am going to just touch up with Hammerite paint.

Looks like I have found a way forward. I did ask a local person who builds them but the price was 600€ Anyway I managed to find a pier which I will need to adapt (bit of welding) and then delivery. Once it comes I'll put some pictures on here to show progress and how things were done. Might help someone else. 

Gerry

Archived