Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ZWO ASiair in stock :-)

FLO

Our first delivery of ZWO ASiair has arrived so it is in stock for overnight delivery ? 

The new ZWO ASiair is a smart WiFi device that enables you to control all ZWO ASI USB 3.0 cameras, ASI Mini series cameras, and an equatorial mount.

Plate solve and image with your phone or tablet/iPad when connected to ASiair via WiFi. 

zwo_asiair.jpg

This new item is built using a Raspberry PI which will be Linux based, so you could use Linux with INdI and Ekos system and that will control your ASI120 camera as all the drivers are available, in fact I think this new product is loosely based on the fantastic Stellarmate which does exactly the same things and loads more....do a search for it as it may be exactly what you need...it’s what I use and will never go back to a windows based system again, so this new ASI product, as it’s also a Linux based system should be superb too.. :)

3 minutes ago, LightBucket said:

This new item is built using a Raspberry PI which will be Linux based, so you could use Linux with INdI and Ekos system and that will control your ASI120 camera as all the drivers are available, in fact I think this new product is loosely based on the fantastic Stellarmate which does exactly the same things and loads more....do a search for it as it may be exactly what you need...it’s what I use and will never go back to a windows based system again, so this new ASI product, as it’s also a Linux based system should be superb too.. :)

What are the benefits of swapping to  this or a stellarmate for a backyard user with a laptop and long usb lead? 

23 minutes ago, Anthonyexmouth said:

What are the benefits of swapping to  this or a stellarmate for a backyard user with a laptop and long usb lead? 

Well, probably not much really, if your system works ok and you are happy and don’t get the dreaded USB and Ascom glitches that used to plague my imaging nights, then if it ain’t my broke....

With Linux and the stellarmate, it’s works flawlessly all the time, and to be honest the Kstars and Ekos software is an all in one solution, so you only need one programme open for a full guided imaging set up, it does as much if not more than SG Pro and it has its own built in planetarium software too, so no need to multiple programmes trying to access the same Ascom driver, as it’s all I do drivers, which again, just work...

i have a dual boot laptop with window and Linux installed so can choose at boot up

There is a superb INdI forum where the creators are available to help and Jasem the main author is always around online, and has helped me so much.... I can’t fault it and would never change back to windows... :)

Don't forget guys (and gals), the Raspberry Pi based box is only half the solution; there is also the app which lets you control your setup from a tablet. No longer a need for a laptop, Linux or Windows.

The app is a 30 MB download from Google Play. Installed flawlessly on my Huawei P9 Lite (phone). But alas, since I don't have the box, all I get is a start up procedure. The ASIAIR creates a 5 GHz wifi hotspot by default. Don't know if it's possible to use an existing wifi network. Otherwise you would lock the tablet for any other use during an imaging session.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived