NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

help finding download for Alignmaster -- Atlas EQ-G

Where can I get the download for the program Alignmaster -- the software used for PA for an Atlas EQ-G.

I tried various types of Internet search (e.g., search for "download Alignmaster") and have yet to find a website that provides the download.

Many thanks!

Hi

You're not the only one!

If you still struggle, I can provide the program - I don't know the version I have, off the top of my head, and of course, you will need your own licence key.

I found this page, but it's one of those sites where you have to carefully spot the button that downloads what you need and it might not be the most obvious one - I think I'd want my anti-virus fully engaged before clicking go, but I have had some success with similar sites in the past for other things so it's up to you https://en.freedownloadmanager.org/Windows-PC/Alignmaster.html

Back again...

Well, I ignored the setting for VLC (my desktop seemed to think it was a VLC file) and got Windows to install the program on my desktop.

I tried to run the program and I got a pop-up asking me for a "serial number". The pop-up gives no information on where to obtain a serial number.

Any ideas ???

BTW, the version that was downloaded was version v.1.7.45   This surprised me since the website indicated that I would be downloading v.1.10.52

I have no idea how this thing works. So any with a little more experience might be able to help me on this one.

Then again, maybe I'm wasting my time with Alignmaster and there's some other software that would be more useful.

Another bit: I have been using an AVX for several years. The HC had a built in function called ASPA that gives good PA. Maybe my Atlas EQ-G has something similar and I just can't see it.

Looks like Alignmaster is commercial software, but is no longer available, which is why you had such trouble finding a download, and why it asks for a serial number.

I suggest you forget it and look for something else.  If you can afford an Atlas EQ-G...

http://www.thewilmslowobservatory.org/polaralignmentsoftware.html

I bought AlignMaster a year or two back and found it a bit hit and miss.  More recently I've used the drift alignment utility in PHD2, which has worked well - just another option for you to consider.

Archived