Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

2018-08-16 - Mars 04:20 AM UTC

N3ptune

Here is my latest sketch of Mars from last week. The conditions were fairly good apparently for the low elevation planet and many Albedo features were available even at 42x of low power. That was truly my best observation of Mars for 2018, there were not too much mosquitoes either.

Bellow is the Inverted image from my 200mm Newtonian and done from a good 4.7mm eyepiece giving 212x, the Celestron Mars filter was used too for a couple of minutes with a larger exit pupil eyepiece.

There were seconds of unbelievable high definition during that memorable observation.

(there was a visible phase, it's a bit over accentuated in my sketch, but was still visible)

Um6ekvJ.png

I hope you liked this, thanks for watching again.

?

27 minutes ago, paulastro said:

Nice, thanks for posting.  I haven't had the opportunity to view for a good few nights now and am getting withdrawal symptoms, your sketch has filled the void!  :smile:

Hehehe good good that's the best thing a sketch can do!

I wish you get some observation time soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived