NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Astro Retaillers in New York

Kai

Yep, we went to Adorama and spent a long time chatting to the guys there (you have to ask for the astronomy dept and then go out of the shop and then up in a lift to get to the astro dept!). They don't hold all the stock there though, so if you want something in particular I suggest you contact them first.

Helen

PS security did make me unpack my bag after the eyepieces looked suspicious on the x ray machine!!

Lots of ones with green writing I seem to recall! I bought a powermate, but also a Meade. They also had lots of accessories, my friend bought a telrad for £18 :shock: and some bits for her lightbridge. Some good advice from the guys there too - once they got over the 'its 2 women they can't have a clue what they're talking about' mentality :) . We talked imaging for quite a while, and the guy gave me his card and said any problems, questions etc just e-mail him!

Also one of the guys was experimenting with 3-d printing, which was really cool 8) standing on one of his moon pictures made us feel like we were on the moon, surreal!

Have a look at their website, or go on your first day there and they can probably get you anything you want by the time you leave (they close Sat, open Sun I seem to recall).

Helen

Helen

Yes, I did some numbers today on an Ethos :) and it wasn't worth even thinking of importing. But last summer, with a rate of about 2:1 meant I paid less than £100 for a 2.5 powermate. Remember to add tax too if you buy in the shop. But its worth a visit, none-the-less, and there may be some small bits that you can't get here.... :D

Helen

Yes, I did some numbers today on an Ethos :) and it wasn't worth even thinking of importing.

Yup i did the exact same thing last night and came to the same conclusion pretty quickly :crybaby:

Still i will take a wander over there , it will be the antidote to looking at the jewlerery in Tiffany's :shock:

Archived