Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Baader 3.5nm filter

I've been thinking of treating myself to a 3nm Ha filter. The obvious choice for me is the Astrodon at over £1K or the Chroma for around £750. I've noticed that Baader have a 3.5nm version for a fraction of the price (aprox £300). So after taking a look at the specs it all seems quite reasonable, however I've noticed it is very carefully described this as an "Enforced" filter this suggests its not a true dichroic filter and it uses an unconventional way of achieving such a narrow band width. 

I use Baader filters and on the whole they are pretty good but was just wondering if anyone had any experiences with the 3.5nm H-alpha filter or explanation as to why its described as an "Enforced" filter? On the face of it it sounds like a bargain but I don't want to buy twice.

Cheers

Peter

As I mentioned to you and Mark Peter, the next thing on my list is some Chroma Filters, but if these are as good then they will end up being purchased a lot earlier than I planned. I'm hoping that someone will know more at the International Astronomy show at Stoneleigh in October.

Archived