Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Image blurry

13 minutes ago, Jov said:

Quick question to that though?? Wouldnt that increase my magnification, ultimately bring it close and reduced focal length of the eyepice...enhancing more

If Im correct with my assessment it will only fix the situation, it will not bring it any closer in respect to your thought process,  it will  simply just put the eyepiece in the correct position for proper setup. You then just need to use the focuser wheel to maximise the image sharpness.

Adding/fitting a Barlow lens before the eyepiece will increase the magnification, or reduce the eyepiece focal length (depending on how you interpret the theory ). Magnification is increased or decreased by varying the focal length of the eyepiece. The focal length of the telescope divided by the focal length of the eyepiece provide your telescope power or magnification. If you want even higher powers, then by adding a 2x Barlow, you effectively double the telescopes focal length, though the formula remains the same fo/fe.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Jov said:

Okay, thanks for informing me on that...that would make sense...whats the additonal adaptor for?? If one needs to be removed like some of the guys have stated...what would it be used for in that case? Is that when your using longer eye pieces??

The larger of the two adaptor tubes is for 2" eyepieces.

6 minutes ago, Jov said:

Okay, thanks for informing me on that...that would make sense...whats the additonal adaptor for?? If one needs to be removed like some of the guys have stated...what would it be used for in that case? Is that when your using longer eye pieces??

One is for when you are using eyepieces with 1.25" wide barrels and one is for when you are using eyepieces with 2" wide barrels. You only ever use one at a time, depending on which eyepiece you are using. 

8 minutes ago, Jov said:

The larger of the two adaptor tubes is for 2" eyepieces.

Great news guys...i removed one of the adapters and only used the middle adapter with the eye piece...and bammmm...i can see...so really happy with that....thank you to all for your help and input...let the gazing begin...as long as i get a clear night sky tonight..?

Jov

Welcome from a fellow down under

To me seems to be a collimation issue

One of our club guys brought a second hand scope recently, and had similar issue

When checked it, found the veins supporting the secondary were out of alignment, check with a bit of paper to centre screw secondary mirror

What were you using to check collimation?

I use a laser collimator

Cheers

John

10 hours ago, cletrac1922 said:

Jov

Welcome from a fellow down under

To me seems to be a collimation issue

One of our club guys brought a second hand scope recently, and had similar issue

When checked it, found the veins supporting the secondary were out of alignment, check with a bit of paper to centre screw secondary mirror

What were you using to check collimation?

I use a laser collimator

Cheers

John

Hi John, it was not a collimation issue - it has been sorted out, see above.

14 hours ago, Jov said:

Great news guys...i removed one of the adapters and only used the middle adapter with the eye piece...and bammmm...i can see...so really happy with that....thank you to all for your help and input...let the gazing begin...as long as i get a clear night sky tonight..?

That is good news.

The good thing about your thread was that you included an image of your setup.
For those in the know, sometimes an image alone just highlights the issue straightaway, which makes it  far easier for other folk to better assist you.

Remember, you were not to know, and you wont be the last person to get caught out, just watch this space!

Anyhow,  it was you  who took the the adaptor out which fixed the situation, so well done you. You would have fixed it eventually or given up all-together through despair, so were just glad you asked.  There's no wrong question you could ask, but there's many answers that you'll receive, you just gotta work your way through them, learning all the time. Before you know it, you'll soon be helping others too.

As for the clear nights, thats something we all desire, best of luck with that one, but they do appear.

Archived