SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

OI! Neighbour! NOOOO!

Tim

7 hours ago, LukeSkywatcher said:

I was showing the image of the greenhouse tonight to friends, and they all agreed that there are no cucumbers in that greenhouse.

*certainly not conditions for cucumber alone, to grow in*.

Believe me, I wish he WAS growing weed in there, it would give me a rather nice lever  to negotiate the felling of two of his trees which hang over and completely take out anything  between WSW and N for me.

No point even asking for cucumbers, I have grown so many myself this year that I cant give them away fast enough!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, LukeSkywatcher said:

I was showing the image of the greenhouse tonight to friends, and they all agreed that there are no cucumbers in that greenhouse.

*certainly not conditions for cucumber alone, to grow in*.

WOW ! I wish my eyesight was that keen ! :grin:

1 hour ago, Tim said:

Believe me, I wish he WAS growing weed in there, it would give me a rather nice lever  to negotiate the felling of two of his trees which hang over and completely take out anything  between WSW and N for me.

No point even asking for cucumbers, I have grown so many myself this year that I cant give them away fast enough!

Lucky you Tim, my crop failed dismally this year, and I can't think why......not enough light perhaps :grin:

12 hours ago, Saganite said:

Lucky you Tim, my crop failed dismally this year, and I can't think why......not enough light perhaps :grin:

Heh, maybe. I've grown three varieties, my favourite is Delta Star though, a mini cuc. that tastes like melon and tons of fruit.

It's a tough year for mildew, I dusted mine with some green sulphur I happened to have (can still get yellow from Vitax, but not officially endorsed as a fungicide anymore) and it seems to have halted the progress. I'm literally giving them away, gave 7 or 8 today to friends, will be more ready tomorrow....I only have so ma y cucumber eating friends!  Nice problem to have though. Glut of tomatoes, Jalapenos, green, black and yellow peppers next I hope!

Whatever you are doing Tim, it is pretty darn good. My Tomatoes have been less than spectacular this year, though enough to enjoy a nice Caprese salad this evening.  I do have a splendid crop of chillies. 

I do hope your light pollution goes away though. :happy11:

20 minutes ago, Saganite said:

Crikey Tim ! :icon_eek:

Amazing and beautiful, and many leagues above my efforts. I think i'll just slink away into the night. :hiding:

Don't feel bad! I have use of a commercial greenhouse, professional compost, and I run a garden centre!  Beef tomatoes are my nemesis, so far so good this year, although the first truss had blossom end rot.

An easy, reliable, tasty tomato is called Totem, recommended.

30 minutes ago, LukeSkywatcher said:

Never seen a white Bell Pepper. Well im guessing they were on their way to being yellow. You have the art of growing toms, down to a T.

Your Marrows are impressive.

Correct Paul, they are a yellow pepper called Blondy. It has been very tricky keeping the going in the heat, had lots of losses on the peppers this year

Archived