NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Couple of days Astronomy in France

pblackwell

Hi all, I read once here on SGL that there are some good places in France where you can stay for a few nights and do Astronomy. They have dark skies and spare kit which you can use.

Anyone have any recommendations? I have a week off so would like to drive to France for a few nights break and hopefully clear skies.

Thanks guys

P

6 hours ago, pblackwell said:

closer to Calais

Hi. A quick heads up: don't forget that ATM there's only around an hour of astro darkness at Calais, so it would be better to go further south.

HTH

• 2 weeks later...
On 26 July 2018 at 22:37, LukeSkywatcher said:

Olly Penrice has a place in France dedicated to astro holidays

PM  him. He does more imaging, but happily will do visual. He is in SE France but easily accessible.

Les Granges.

Wow thanks! That is exactly what I'm after. A dark site and with an expert to help me do some imaging properly and show me how to use the kit and software. I'd want to bring my kit so he can assist me. Need to buy telescope which will be dedicated for imaging. I'm looking at William optics for deep sky stuff. Suggestions welcome!

My 9.25 SCT will remain for viewing.

ill get in contact with him.

Many thanks Luke!

21 hours ago, pblackwell said:

Wow thanks! That is exactly what I'm after. A dark site and with an expert to help me do some imaging properly and show me how to use the kit and software. I'd want to bring my kit so he can assist me. Need to buy telescope which will be dedicated for imaging. I'm looking at William optics for deep sky stuff. Suggestions welcome!

My 9.25 SCT will remain for viewing.

ill get in contact with him.

Many thanks Luke!

Olly is your guy. Top bloke (uuber respected here on SGL). His wife Monique (who is French) is a top class qualified chef,so you will be well fed also.

https://www.sunstarfrance.com/

Archived