Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Target for tonight

Ok folks, looking like a clear one again. starting to get bored of every night being cloudless. 

my ED80 arrived today and its nice to see something worthy on my new heq5, Canon 760 attached and i need something to aim at tonight that would suit this setup. 

any ideas?

"Starting to get bored of every night being cloudless..."

There is a Dilbert cartoon in which Alice, the famously irritable engineer, grits out "MUST...CONTROL...FIST...OF DEATH".

No reason I bring it up. It's just funny, you know? Heh. Heh.

Look up the weather for Wisconsin for the past eight months, and see why I'm laughing. Though, to be fair, we've had a lot of nice ones on this side of the pond lately too. Enjoy!

5 minutes ago, Dragon_Astro said:

Moon is at a large phase, around for most of the night, so rules out anything serious Dso wise.

Could get you're guiding set up nailed, try an open cluster or something?

5 minutes ago, Dragon_Astro said:

i did think of M13 as its almost directly overhead. any open ones you recommend?

will give the guiding a go too. 

2 minutes ago, Anthonyexmouth said:

where? want to find a cheap way to piggyback my skymax 90/asi290 onto the ed80 for smaller objects. 

Comets C/2017 S3 PANSTARRS and 21P/ Giacobini Zinner are up there, you can add them to Stellarium to get position.

Dave

10 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Comets C/2017 S3 PANSTARRS and 21P/ Giacobini Zinner are up there, you can add them to Stellarium to get position.

Dave

well that was easy to add them. panstarrs is too low for me but 21P looks nice and high. 

Archived