Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Lunar Flop

Still laughing about this one--it took about 30 frames, I filled up my laptop SSD so full that shortcuts etc disappeared, and then when finished found it had a chunk bitten out! ? The areas covered are quite high res, though, view in browser for full detail! :) 

I will probably try to finish it this evening, although it's going to be difficult to match the brightness. ? 

OpticStar 90s 

ASI120 & Horrible SW 2x Barlow

EQ5

I am particularly pleased with the Messier Twins, just below and to the right of the black hole.

22_25_45_stitch.thumb.jpg.c23ace640e026d07ea11555c81ab2756.jpg

1781853753_MessierTwins.jpg.55eaf5a02b66b7cac70b32ef6a988348.jpg

John

Don’t you just hate it when that happens? ;)

Glad I just do single shots,1 even I cant mess those up :)

I love the Messier twins, they are visible a lot of the time even on a full moon if you remember to look for them.

Good luck finding your missing chunk of moon!

Nice montage, well done! Excellent work! :) As an interesting note I was comparing my new Altair Astro 66ED-R ‘frac last night against my Opticstar AR90S, and the views where much sharper and clearer in the EP. I also managed a widefield image to just capture the whole Moon in the same widefield view and snapped this image with my ASI 120mc camera too. It’s not as high res as your image as no Barlow was used, and the quality of the image doesn’t really show how sharp the optics where as opposed to the slightly softer view in (my own at least) Opticstar.

30D0A291-57EA-4070-8D65-234C6ED7F60D.thumb.png.24c04428c49ee6e0fcbf8c265bc135a4.png

At least I'm not the only one! :D 

The 90s is a beautiful scope, though isn't it! I was using a wide angle 6mm before I started the mosaic, overall I think the view was identical to the mosaic, but with out the CA (I wasn't using the Barlow) For an achromat, I believe it's very good, although  ive never had an apo to compare it with. :)  On Friday, it should have its own mount, an Astro Tech Voyager.

John

3 minutes ago, JohnSadlerAstro said:

At least I'm not the only one! :D 

The 90s is a beautiful scope, though isn't it! I was using a wide angle 6mm before I started the mosaic, overall I think the view was identical to the mosaic, but with out the CA (I wasn't using the Barlow) For an achromat, I believe it's very good, although  ive never had an apo to compare it with. :)  On Friday, it should have its own mount, an Astro Tech Voyager.

John

Here’s my two small ‘fracs side by side last night. Your right, the Opticstar does still look good! :) 

00B4E4A1-5B71-4984-A3E7-01AB531B46CE.thumb.jpeg.e2421ad2fb60978dea2d25b690e93709.jpeg

Archived