First LRGB with new camera.

Adam J

I added an inadequate amount of RGB + Ha to my luminescence data to come up with a Ha LRGB image of M81/M82, my first color image with my mono camera.

9 hours of Luminescence in 60 second exposures

2 hours of Ha in 180s exposures.

40mins each of RGB with 180 second exposures (should have done 60s exposures).

All at unity gain.

130PDS

ASI1600MM Pro with a very cheap Baader beginner absorptive LRGB filter set.

Anyhow here it is :) , Huge crop due to poor framing....but it was my first go with the camera so I just went with it.

1383661651_FinalASI1600mm-prom81822018-3.thumb.jpg.7db38e21764df8b9b454da835f73ed57.jpg

Thanks for looking

Adam

55 minutes ago, Adam J said:

Thanks, I was surprised to get any IFN from a orange zone.

Persistance pays off. In this case it takes the form of 9 hours of luminance. Well done!

Your image is absolutely superb.

I have just bought the same camera and had a quick first try this week on the same target.  I only did 5 x 60 sec exposures for each  RGB and 10 for L all at 230 gain using sharpcap.

All done using my Esprit 100ED and ZWO filters

I think your image proves the point that you need lots of time to get good data.

Here is my feeble attempt look at the noise and lack of detail.

M81-first-try.jpg

You

13 minutes ago, wornish said:

Your image is absolutely superb.

I have just bought the same camera and had a quick first try this week on the same target.  I only did 5 x 60 sec exposures for each  RGB and 10 for L all at 230 gain using sharpcap.

All done using my Esprit 100ED and ZWO filters

I think your image proves the point that you need lots of time to get good data.

Here is my feeble attempt look at the noise and lack of detail.

M81-first-try.jpg

You have some potential but as you say you need much more data.

My biggest tip for you is that 230 gain is too high for this target at F5.5 and 60s subs, you wont get any detail in the core of M82 it will just blow out. 

Try unity gain with 60second subs.

Thanks for the tip. I have always used a dslr up to now so its a whole new learning curve using a dedicated astro camera.

Looking forward to getting shots something like yours one day.?

A remarkable first time result with a Mono CCD camera.  took me months to work out how to combine the colours without colour overlapping stars.

Then you added Ha into the mix as well.

Well done!

Carole 

14 minutes ago, carastro said:

A remarkable first time result with a Mono CCD camera.  took me months to work out how to combine the colours without colour overlapping stars.

Then you added Ha into the mix as well.

Well done!

Carole 

Got astro pixel processor to thank for that :)

Great job, Adam.  As you say, there is a lack of RGB evident in the star colours, but the Ha has definitely made up for that in the galaxies with M82 looking particularly good.

Well done, Sir!

Archived