Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Astronomik EOS Clip-Filter to 2" adapter

kbrown

Hi,

Thought I'd share my latest thingamabob. In the past I had an astromodified Canon 60D and an Astronomik ProPlanet IR807 infra-red pass filter for it. Since I stupidly managed to break the camera (don't ask) the filter has been just gathering dust in my drawer until now. I thought it would be great to be able to use it along with my 2" filter wheel with my tiny QHY5L-II mono camera. Bit of CAD + 3D printing and thread milling and I came up with this solution:

IMG_20180629_145648.jpg

IMG_20180701_185524.jpg

IMG_20180701_185533.jpg

IMG_20180701_185958.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

hay algún sitio donde pueda encontrar los archivos STL?  
estoy pasando por una necesidad similar.  tengo mi set de filtros NB de clip de la marca astronomik.
y recién adquirí mi camara monocromatica, con filter wheel de 2", me ahorraria bastante plata si me llegaran a compartir ese archivo.
mil gracias

2 minutes ago, astronomono said:

hay algún sitio donde pueda encontrar los archivos STL?  
estoy pasando por una necesidad similar.  tengo mi set de filtros NB de clip de la marca astronomik.
y recién adquirí mi camara monocromatica, con filter wheel de 2", me ahorraria bastante plata si me llegaran a compartir ese archivo.
mil gracias

Please only post in English.

• 1 year later...

Old thread I know but as someone just asked for the STL files I thought I'd update this thread as well. Originally I milled the threads onto the adapter after printing. This was only because I didn't realise you could actually print the thread. I modified the 3D model to include the M48x0.75 thread so you should be able to just print it with 0,1mm layer height or so. Attached are the stl files.

EOS_ClipFilterAdapter.zip