Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Full moon last night (27/06)

Hi, 

Skies were very clear yesterday and the full moon was at the zenith when I decided to give it a go with my new( second hand in fact) gso 3x barlow and the t5i. 

The image below is a 5 panel mosaic of about a minute and a half each stacked with autostakkert2 and a little bit of registax's wavelet. After, i used photoshop's  high pass filter to finish it off. 

I didn't process much with registax because it was getting a kind of glow outline around the bottom part and i don't know how to remove it, does anyone know how to avoid it or remove? 

Here is the picture:, thanks for looking:

mosaico.thumb.jpg.381abd27fedf8ad3ccb02df2313f8950.jpg

1 hour ago, Gerry Casa Christiana said:

Looks great! No idea how you remove the glow as I'm mainly DSO so the moon is my best friend! :) 

Thanks,  yes that glow is a bit annoying. I'll try to search for a way to remove it. 

5 minutes ago, Gerry Casa Christiana said:

Tried a simple curve adjustment?

I didn't try to use curves, nice suggestions. I'll try it later tonight when i get home. 

3 minutes ago, Demonperformer said:

Irrespective of the glow, I like it. 

Thanks. :)

I did some  heavier wavelet processing in registax and moved to photoshop to try to remove the aberration from the image.  the research to find a way to easily remove was unfruitful ,but i went a different way to remove the glow. Also i lowered the overall saturation  and the red channel saturation too.

this is the way it looks now, i think it looks a lot better:

1824322297_prefinal.thumb.jpg.477cb77816bf935c665569347686f1e9.jpg

Archived