Cygnus doubles

wookie1965

After Thursday nights nightmare where nothing went right I went out and viewed the sun yesterday afternoon capturing AR2715 left the kit out and waited for dark.

11.30 came round so I polar aligned this time handset corresponded to the Synscaniit app things where looking up.

2 star alignment Altair and Deneb. 

First off Albireo just to check the alignment I was not disappointed bang in middle this double looks better in the Frac than the 8" reflector way more colour.

61 Cygni ( Piazzi`s ) (SAO 0709 19)  Twin lovely yellow/Orange stars.  15mm 66x

26 Cygni (SAO 0490 98)  Yellow main star with a wide bluish companion. 15mm 66x

29 Cygni (SAO 0696 78)  white  with a wide Yellow/Orange  companion  11mm  90x

52 Cygni (SAO 0704 67) Yellow primary delicate grey companion 15mm 66x   this is right at the start of the Cygnus loop unfortunately I could not see any Nebulosity last night. 

59 Cygni (SAO 0503 35) Nice delicate triple  pale orange with two blue/grey companions 11mm 90x

Delta Cygni (SAO 0487 96) This was a challenge in the end had to put the 4mm 250x  in to split the tiny companion 

17 Cygni (SAO 0688 27)  Yellow primary with blue/green secondary not as good as Albireo never the less really pleasing to the eye. 15mm 

Σ 2705 (SAO 0703 00) This was a unusual system yellow and blue double again what drew my attention was the box of stars to the right of it. 15mm

Σ 2588 (SAO 0488 66) white twins 15mm

Σ 2789 (21h 20m 0    +52° 59`  )   This is another double double brilliant.

16 Cygni (SAO 0318 98) Very easy split with two sun like stars one brighter than the other the dimmer one has a planet 1.68  the mass of Jupiter orbiting it.

NGC 6910 (Rocking horse) Lovely cluster this however I did not see the Rocking horse

Messier 39 nice cluster with all the stars Blue/White

Messier 29 (Power station) Mostly Blue and white stars here.

I then tried  Messier 27 but could not see anything even after putting a UHC filter in.

Here are a few sketches I made.

20180623_104526.jpg20180623_153754.jpg

20180623_153829.jpg20180623_153846.jpg

14 minutes ago, wookie1965 said:

My sketches are not good with my eye problems not seeing as much as they should Just picking out the brightest stars.

They look pretty blooming good to me Wookie!

I sympathise with your eye problem..My right (and main observing for many years) eye is just showing me a milky misty mess at the moment. 

My optician says it's just natural ageing and should settle down again soon, but it's been like that for a week now and it's scary when one of your eyes doesn't work as it should.

Thanks for sharing your great observing reports,?

Dave

2 minutes ago, F15Rules said:

They look pretty blooming good to me Wookie!

I sympathise with your eye problem..My right (and main observing for many years) eye is just showing me a milky misty mess at the moment. 

My optician says it's just natural ageing and should settle down again soon, but it's been like that for a week now and it's scary when one of your eyes doesn't work as it should.

Thanks for sharing your great observing reports,?

Dave

I have idiopathic intracranial hypertension which cause cervical spinal fluid to build up and put pressure on the optic nerve, I have had 17 lumber punctures. 

I went opticians a few weeks back he noticed a couple of changes in the optic nerves and said I was not focusing on the retina properly that was why I was getting blurred vision I hope it is another lumber puncture I need.

As you said very scary when its your eyesight hope you get sorted  not nice.

8 minutes ago, wookie1965 said:

I have idiopathic intracranial hypertension which cause cervical spinal fluid to build up and put pressure on the optic nerve, I have had 17 lumber punctures. 

I went opticians a few weeks back he noticed a couple of changes in the optic nerves and said I was not focusing on the retina properly that was why I was getting blurred vision I hope it is another lumber puncture I need.

As you said very scary when its your eyesight hope you get sorted  not nice.

Best wishes for a successful outcome for you ?..

Dave

On 23/06/2018 at 21:06, Stu said:

Excellent read Paul, some really nice targets in there.

Sorry to hear of your troubles, I hope you get sorted soon.

Thanks Stu hospital Monday hopefully get sorted, there is loads in Cygnus only scratched the surface. Hoping get a 5" Refractor this week bought and paid for just waiting for delivery should get tighter doubles then.

Paul

Archived