Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

BBC Street lights discussion

nitram100

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A person in Selsea would put a fishing pole with the net replaced with a bin liner over the lamps then take them off after.

OH who said that hmmmm.

Bernie, you have given me an idea for a new business venture, I can get fishing poles here in France upto 10 meters long, should cover most standard lamp posts, maybe you could help with the taller ones Bernie?

Archie

I remember a while back there was a blackout here and the sky was awesome, even though i live in a London suburb. It wasn't arizona desert awesome, but it was certainly good enough for me to make out the milky way at zenith, all it took were about 80 streetlights to go out and instantly the sky was 10 times better!

can someone setup a paypal account for donations for PsychoBillys .22 rounds? There's 240 lights can be seen from my back garden, if you start early enough PB we can be imaging by 7.30pm :undecided:

As for the countryside, if there was an issue with driving on unlit roads I would've thought that they would have had the street lights put on by now but most of them don't and any decrease in road safety would be well documented by now with a real campaign to switch the countryside on to boot.

They cant afford power cuts these days Matthew........

Just think how many millions (literally) the power companies would lose by having the power off for even one day......

Defo gonna try the laser pen on the street light trick though, I have a 100mw one, should be able to do them all the way into town from the top of the hill :undecided:

Reggie you aint seen me shoot the .22 and that ones silenced as well :)

Even better PB, the lights won't even hear you coming :undecided:

I've always thought that street lighting was too bright to a point where its not that safe depending on the conditions and those morons that deck out their houses with xmas lights are just a plain nuisance, flashing lights are for the police, Fire Brigade and Ambulance Services to alert you to the fact that they are there, not to impress the neighbours with how many piggin reindeer you can squeeze on your roof....

Defo gonna try the laser pen on the street light trick though, I have a 100mw one, should be able to do them all the way into town from the top of the hill :undecided:

Let me know when you plan to TJ so I can get the scope set up ready. :)

I thnk the street light laser pen thing is harder than u might think... The actual sensing bit is on the top facing upwards. I think the laser needs to be pointing down on to it... so unless your like 20 ft tall with a well steady hand.. your gonna have a hard time

Still these lasers reflect like hell, so might get lucky

Matt

How about the 800,000 candle torch on the celestron power tanks? Would that be enough to simulate daylight?

I also had a thought about being able to program in all of the streetlights as user objects in a goto mount, just setup a custom tour and bobs your mums brother :undecided:

there's plenty of vids on youtube showing how its done, some are done when the user is on the ground albeit a few yards from the light so the angle is less.

I have a direct line of sight from one of my bedroom windows to the nearest light, its only about 10 yards from the house, shall be trying it out tonight

Archived