NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Quick Jupiter

Knighty2112

Another quick session with Jupiter before clouds rolled in again today. Taken approx 9:30pm whilst sky still bright. Just managed to capture the GRS before it sunk around the other side of the planet. Looks like some interesting details even without it though. Best of 3000 frames, taken thru C8 SCT with ASI 120mc. Processed via PIPP, Registax & PS. No great shakes, but showed promise if clear skies continued to get some good details under darker skies.

21_38_56_pipp_Jupiter_12_06_18.thumb.png.1949a748474735df0a049fb1ad3da30f.png

Lovely picture.

Saw Jupiter for the first time tonight - fantastic view at 9:30ish as you noted with a sky still bright :)  Still looked great a couple of minutes ago before I started packing away for the night.

6 hours ago, Mr niall said:

Very nice - great detail while it was still almost daylight!

Thanks! Yes, you could only make Jupiter and Venus out still through binos and the scope. They were still drowned out to the naked eye in the daylight still. Was surprised I managed to pick up as much detail as I did in the short session. 

5 hours ago, orion25 said:

Another brill pic, Gus! You got some nice detail there, plenty of cloud bands and an awesome GRS. All of the planets are pretty low in elevation there, aren't they?

Reggie

Thanks Reggie! Yes, they are all pretty low, which makes them a challenge. I did use my ZWO ADC to help though as well, which seems to help bring a more in focus image. Was hoping for a little further time before clouds closed in, but not to be alas. 

Archived