Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

You Didnt Know This! ?

Hi,

Just realized that the SW 1.25" to 2" eyepiece adapter is also a 2" to T ring adapter. The 1.25" part unscrews to reveal a T ring. I never noticed that before, although its probably common knowledge lol. ? This is extremely useful for DSLR bayonet adapters, although the short 2" length may make it a tiny bit less sturdy than most.

Are there any other odd camera compatibility secrets hidden in default adapters, finders and eyepieces that are Essential-Knowledge™?

John

2 hours ago, JohnSadlerAstro said:

Hi,

Just realized that the SW 1.25" to 2" eyepiece adapter is also a 2" to T ring adapter. The 1.25" part unscrews to reveal a T ring. I never noticed that before, although its probably common knowledge lol. ? This is extremely useful for DSLR bayonet adapters, although the short 2" length may make it a tiny bit less sturdy than most.

Are there any other odd camera compatibility secrets hidden in default adapters, finders and eyepieces that are Essential-Knowledge™?

John

Lol, yes common knowledge.... :)

Well at least I've only had the 130pds and its adapter for 1 and a half years without noticing.... :D I once went 4.5 months without realizing the mirror was falling out of its cell. Believe me, collimation was a nightmare! ? It's nice that SW build useful things like that into adapters though. It saves a few £.

John

Archived