NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

apt & stellarium wont work load

You might be better off using Carte du Ciel as it works better. I have tried and failed to get StellariumScope working, mainly getting it to sync to the telescopes true pointing position. With CdC, I can either press sync or PlateSolve in APT and hit sync and it just works. I still use Stellarium *separately* to see what's available at the time.

Edited by david_taurus83

On 26/05/2018 at 18:22, Wirral man said:

Hi i run apt then choose stellarium but sends a error log 5 and wont connect? was wanting to use eqmod to do my alignment any suggestions???

I use APT, Stellarium with Stellariumscope and Astrotortilla. My APT doesn't connect to Stellarium, it connects to the mount through eqmod. Stellarium works with Stellariumscope which, like APT connects to the mount through eqmod. Atrotortilla (for platesolving) also connects to the mount through eqmod and it also connects to APT which is using the camera to take photos and see exactly where the telescope is pointing.

• 2 years later...

I know this is an old post, but if you want APT to connect to Stellarium, you need to activate the remote control plugin (needs a restart of stellarium) and press configure there you need to check server enabled and enable automatically on startup.