NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Astrodevelopment bolts...

These things are really beginning to get on my nerves :undecided:

I'm having trouble using them on my EQ6 Pro. I'm trying to set the altitude to around 51-52 degrees, but I can't get the ratchet past the polar scope (with the housing OFF) even pushing the ratchet using the red button thing. I understood there was a problem around 54degrees, but that was with the housing not the actual polar scope.

Any ideas? Or am I doing something wrong? :)

Thanks!

Kurt

Not quite sure what you are doing wrong but when I had this set up I found it easier to unscrew the forward large adjuster, push the mount forward then while pushing on the red button and pulling back with the right hand rotate the actual thread with the left.

Regards

Mark

Is there a problem with these bolts around 53 deg? I'm about to order a set and a live at that latitude.

Not that I'm aware of. My location was 51 degrees but I didn't see any potential difficulties going further. I am still trying to fully understand the problem here. The ratcheting adjuster wont go further than 180 degrees before it hits the polarscope cover and I normaly adjusted it in 90 degree movements. You have to pull back on the lever while pressing the button to disengage the splines in order make the movement, then release and turn.

I'm 59 N and they are a pain hitting the polarscope cover,even when i removed it i was nipping my fingers so i did this

img4072cpyje3.jpg

You can only see one of the altitude screws but its the same on the other side(honest)although i now have them set spot on and dont need to adjust them thanks to this pier design.

Ahhh. Those look ideal...but I'd like to get these to work :undecided:

Alright, pictures. I've pushed the red button and I'm pulling back, but it still doesn't clear the polar scope.

Also, I'm at an altitude of around 33degrees, not 51! :S

25r305s.jpg

k4vy0x.jpg

EDIT: Pics resized.

I just fitted mine on Thursday gone after waiting 4 weeks for delivery. I thought I was going to have trouble until I realised I could use the lever as a ratchet by pressing the Red Button. My latitude is 54d 53m, and I got there with no problemo at all. I think Skywatcher should Install these bolts as standard, the originals are as soft as lead. Well, nearly. :undecided:

Ron. :)

Kurt, can I just check with you that you free wheel the lever back down after you ratchet up towards the Polar scope cover. The way it is pictured there, it will fhit the cover. Press the red button pull the lever out then turn it to the bottom. Allow the spring tension to pull the lever back down the splines, then repeat the operation until you reach your latitude.

Ron.

Too late. The Kaptain sussed it too. :undecided:

It is not supposed to be able to rotate past the polarscope. I will try and explain, Start with the adjuster handle pointing down, push the red button in and pull back on the handle. This disengages the splines allowing the thread to remain stationary while you turn the handle 90 degrees anticlockwise. When you release the handle and the red button you will have the ability to turn the thread another 90 degrees.

Oops too late again :undecided:

Archived