Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SH2-115 and Berk 90(open cluster)

MikeD

I managed to get my MPCC set to the optimum 55mm from the CCD and reach focus at last.

So this was going to be a test shot but i ended up letting it run to 41 @ 5 Min's.

But this is a feint one as I still had to stretch the hell out of it to get any detail, which was surprising as it's described as a bright nebular in sky map pro 10. :undecided: so a little more noisy than expected for the exposure time.

The new issue is the draw tube now enters the light path as you can see in the Ha halos around the bright stars so that's next for the chop :) .

9256_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Mike.

This is a nice image, Mike and I am delighted that you have got your MPCC sorted. I am currently on this path myself and have designed (and am having made) a suitable adapter to allow the use of my SXVF-M25C and MPCC with my SW 10" Reflector - here's hoping I got the design right!

The draw tube is a pain but with the adapter I have in mind, this should not be a problem even with the required 55mm FP to MPCC mounting face dimension dialled in. Hope you resolve the the draw tube.

Thanks all for the kind comments. :undecided:

nice to see you after these not so imaged areas as well

Inspired by you that one was Rog. :)

I am delighted that you have got your MPCC sorted. I am currently on this path myself

Steven, good luck with the project you won't be disappointed when you get the MPCC installed.

Mike.

Archived