NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

SH2-108 NEBULA IN CYGNUS

CELESCOPE

Not great tonight with the Moon Mist and thin high cloud,wasted alot of subs,just picking up to much noise, but picked the best ,leaving me 10x8 min subs only,still noise in the image, but it does show that there sure is alot up there in Cygnus,usual set up 120 Equinox.HA6Mn, looking foward to getting the 8 inch OTA and the Equinox 66 , for some nice wide shots.

Cheers

Rog

9202_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

I too have imaged this object this year and a fascinating area of sky it is too - yours is a lovely image despite the conditions, Roger. Those two bright stars at the end of the dark 'conical' section are a lovely contrasting blue and orange - are you sure you don't want to do colour, mate? :undecided:

post-13675-133877347674_thumb.jpg

I sometimes wonder myself , but i,m glad i can get these images , its a an ongoing thing i,m afraid ,getting OSC is pretty darn impossible here , but With HA thank goodness , i can at least get a reasonable image in Mono, i did spend 4 years with very low cost web cams imaging ,that made it hard work processing and picked up a lot of tricks to overcome this, so its helped big time when it comes to processing with the equipment i have now.

Rog

Archived