SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

new to imaging last nights jupiter

you need to run your AVI file through a few programs first. Lucky enough they are all free. You'll need PIPP, AUTOSTAKKERT2 and REGISTAX6 for processing.

I ran your data through PIPP and AS2! and saved the stacked image as a PNG for show on here for you. No processing was done

This is the best 250 frames of the 1488 frames you captured. I hope you don't mind

DSC_0131_pipp_g4_ap9.png

so thanks for help guys but back to original question .

as this pic was stacked from video is this the best i could hope for or would a modded dslr improve it ?

a 450d modded dosnt have movie so stills only and none of the stills i took last night improved with stacking other than a round bluey orange blob( frustrating understatment)

so should i go down the route of 600d that has both incase the limit of my telescope has been meet already.

3 hours ago, Fieldsy said:

so thanks for help guys but back to original question .

as this pic was stacked from video is this the best i could hope for or would a modded dslr improve it ?

a 450d modded dosnt have movie so stills only and none of the stills i took last night improved with stacking other than a round bluey orange blob( frustrating understatment)

so should i go down the route of 600d that has both incase the limit of my telescope has been meet already.

You can get a new Qhy5L-llC for less than a 2nd hand 600d and it will be miles better too.

Here's a recent image of the moon I took with a qhy5L-ll and skywatcher 200p telescope.

moon skull.jpg

Archived