Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

C8 star bright opinions

Hello All

Ive got a opportunity to buy a C8 star bright with internal baffles photo here

IMG_1742.PNG.25923d2f783b363e058a4f474206df6b.PNG

I'm only doing imaging and wanted to get some of the deeper stuff like galaxies and planets. The guy who is selling it is a serious person and in that case I have no concerns. I'm using a eq6 so I know this is within limits. What do people think for 450 quid? He has done the baffles and also put a Williams optics 2 inch focuser on it as well. 

You guys who use these. Am I barking up the right tree or should I be looking at a 250 f5 newton? Any opinions. 

Thanks

Gerry

Should do the job adequately for planets and smaller galaxies, depending on the camera - I presume you will be using a video camera for the planets and something else for the galaxies which can be rather faint and hence require relatively long exposure times.  The price seems to be very good indeed.

Chris

The reason I said adequate is that I think the field will not be completely flat - for that you need an Edge which is very expensive.  However, depending on the field of view of the camera, this may not be a problem - in any case it would only affect stars and other objects closer to the edge of the image, e.g. if you imaged several galaxies within one field of view.  For planets you will not be so interested in the stars and so I think that this should be less important.  You need to compare the image size with the image circle of the scope for whatever camera you will be using.  Just my opinion......

Chris

It looks a nice telescope at a good price. The challenge will be that no one telescope will cover all the bases. This will be good for planetary observation and smaller deep sky objects. Deep sky imaging with longer focal lengths can be more challenging, but is perfectly possible depending on your patience and resolve.

I have decided not to go for it as one of the more experienced images on here said that the telescope needs to be paired well with the camera and so the pixel resolution for small galaxies needs to be around 80-90 as a ideal. This will be for my camera around 44. So it will not be ideal. Planetary is more to the bottom of the list for me but at least I know now the direction I need to go. 

Thanks 

Gerry

Archived