NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Astronomik 12nm EOS CCD filter question

Rattler

5 minutes ago, geordie85 said:

I'm assuming your asking about the 12nm Ha clip in filter? Yes it does.

That's right. Is it really worth having? I'm seeing mixed things especially with 12nm and not 7nm or 3nm.

31 minutes ago, Rattler said:

That's right. Is it really worth having? I'm seeing mixed things especially with 12nm and not 7nm or 3nm.

Have a search on the forum for DSLR h-alpha in the deep sky imaging section

Examples with 12nm filter 

IC5070_Ha_mono.jpg

B33_editing.jpg

If you have a IR modified DSLR then it is absolutely 100% worth having...however if your scope will take a 2 inch threaded filter then its probably better value for money to go with a badder 2 inch 7nm filter in the long run. If not then have no doubt that the 12nm will still work a treat for you though!

On 10/04/2018 at 15:59, Adam J said:

If you have a IR modified DSLR then it is absolutely 100% worth having...however if your scope will take a 2 inch threaded filter then its probably better value for money to go with a badder 2 inch 7nm filter in the long run. If not then have no doubt that the 12nm will still work a treat for you though!

I use a field flattener which is threaded for 2" filters.

Archived