Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Xiga

Hey guys

Here's a quick couple of WIP projects i have on the go. The NAN and NGC 7822. Just Ha for now, still need to capture the OIII. 

The NAN one is a bit of a long-running saga for me. I first tried to image it on my 2nd light of the newly-modded D5300 and Ha filter back in early October. Got a small number of cloud-affected subs before the clouds rolled in for good. Then tried again in mid November and the same thing happened again. It's been obscured for me since, due to the neighbour's house, but it's now visible again (just) although it's very low on the horizon and i need to stay up Very late to get it, so i tried yet again in late March and did get a decent amount of subs this time, although i've now realised that imaging at super low altitudes is not something i plan on ever doing again, as the guiding is not great and image quality is nowhere near as good as at higher altitudes. Things did improve once it got over 20 degrees, but it still wasn't brilliant tbh. 

As for NGC 7822, i captured this one just last night, April 5, between midnight and 3 am. Was in bed for 4:30 then up again for work at 7:15, so, err, today was fun, lol. When i realised it was going to be clear i frantically went on to DSO-Browser to try and find an Ha-friendly target, as there aren't many about these days, and the moon was coming up shortly after 01:00, so i was glad i discovered this one in the end. Hopefully it has enough OIII to make a good Bi-Colour image. I have until the end of the month to try and get it, fingers crossed. 

NAN: a little over 7 hrs in total. 7 x 480s, 6 x 1200, 13 x 1200. Stacked them all in APP using the 'Quality' setting. 

5ac6be1ae6546_NGC7000WIP.thumb.jpg.fc638220bfe73f5493b45aa3db32392e.jpg

NGC 7822: 3 hrs in total. 9 x 1200s. Also stacked in APP using the 'Quality' setting. 

5ac6beb3d530b_NGC7822WIP.thumb.jpg.4cfe9af934230256658c169931209d2b.jpg

No real processing done on either, aside from a stretch and gradient reduction (for NGC 7822). I'll update the thread if i manage to get the OIII for either in time. 

12 hours ago, swag72 said:

Nice one!!! NGC7822 is indeed good in all three narrowband widths - SII has more signal than OIII :)

Thanks Sara ? Good to know I won't be wasting my time if/when I get the OIII filter out. Bi-Colour is as far as I venture with my Dslr. I leave the SII shenanigans to you cooled mono cam folks ?

Ps - your images are an inspiration btw 

Archived