Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mars from August 27, 2003

celestron8g8

I been enjoying many and all new images here on the forum and since I am in the process of retiring from imaging and observing I thought I would post a image I took way back in 2003 when Mars was at closest approach to earth . This was taken back when I did film using an old Pentax K1000 attached PF to my Celestron C8 on a EQ5 mount motor tracking . Sorry I have no data to share other than the date cause I was not a very good logger but also a computer that corrupted on me back several yrs ago I lost almost all my data other than the film picts I still have put away for scanning . I know I used mostly Kodak 400 film and a lot of Fuji 800 Superior Film . But this image was with Kodak probably 1/1000th sec . or maybe 1/800th sec. Anyway like I said just enjoying here and wanted to share what little I could . Thanks to everyone who has done so much to keep this forum interesting !!

Mars_8-27-03 copy3.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Archived