Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC 869 - Double Cluster in Perseus

Tim

Here is the other image taken at Kelling on the night the laptop was MIA, so we had to do unguided pics. This is 24 x 35secs @ iso1600. I really should have removed the CLS filter for these short exposures I suppose, but only just thought of it.

I have to say, this object was glaringly visible to the naked eye, and through Greg's big bino's it was brilliant. The sad thing is, I can hardly see it from home :? .

WO72 with WO FFII

Cheers

TJ

9081_normal.jpeg

(click for full size)

Thanks Rob, yes, there is a load more stars, but, and we had this discussion at Kelling, As the pic is of the DC, is it worth bringing out the extra in the background?

Hehe, the other thing, at Kelling, the background WAS black :) First time for everything :D:lol::D

What would you suggest doing to it Rob?

Cheers

TJ

The power pack went west Ron. I felt like a runner without legs....... but as it was I went to bed early at around 3 am I think, which gave me some much needed shut eye after 4 nights without sleep.

TJ

Hello TJ,

Black sky....it's been a long time since I saw that!!

You can bring out a little extra by using curves, then following it with a levels adjustment of the black point to keep that nice black background.

I've just had a quick bash at it...pretty carp as I was dealing with the Jpeg, but you get the idea. :)

Cheers

Rob

Archived