Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Carina up close and personal

MarsG76

Greeting Astrolings, 

I'm currently in the process of imaging "the pencil" Nebula, but seeing that it's not clearing my obsy roof until past midnight, I didn't want to waste half of clear nights (since they're rare) so before continuing on the pencil, I did a random frame up on eta Carina and used a random star that popped up in the OAG FOV.

I ended up doing this over a couple of nights but last night I had a bout of cloud cover for about an hour... and the Nebula drifted.

PHD moved the mount looking for a guide star locking in on some noise and attempting to move it to the guide position. What resulted was, when the clouds passed and a guide star popped up, PHD grabbed it and continued imaging, except that the framing moved 2/3 of the way down... and I ended up with subs for the bottom part of eta Carina.

I had plenty of subs from the previous night of the top part, so I created this mosaic... Talk about a accidental 2 pane mosaic!!! 

Accidently created my first DSO mosaic.

This consists of 24 x 300s (top half) and 18 x 300s (bottom half) ISO400 using the modded 40D at the 8SE native focal length of 2032mm.

Clear skies.

MG

Carina ECU Process1280fr.jpg

Archived