Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Lightroom capturing

simondodd

Is anyone here using their DSLR tethered to LIghtroom to capture images for stacking? Is this advisable or should I stick with using a remote/intervalometer with my Nikon and then just download the files at the end of the session using lightroom to grab focus at the start?

You can use LR but you don't get any real control over the camera other than actuate the shutter. Or at least I can't. This, as far as I know applies to all makes.

If you've got nothing else then it's handy to have an immediate download to a laptop.

Which Nikon do you have ? A 3*** series doesn't have an intervalometer built in but all the others do as far as I know.

Just make doubly sure any software you use will connect if you have a 3*** series camera ! 

Dave.

I've got the D5000, just watching the 2 hour video on backyard Nikon, looks very very good to me! Gonna have to take the plunge I think! Software plus all the cables needed... Lucky I've been saving for a year for this stuff :) haha

Anyone know what sort of processing power I'm gonna need from a laptop for either APT or backyard Nikon? Will a cheap netbook suffice or will I need something a bit more powerful than that? Thinking something small with good battery life will be better for taking to dark sites rather than some beast of a machine but not sure how much processing power this software needs...? I'm gonna be running everything off a deep cycle leisure battery once I get it all so want to make sure I have the right size battery for a good few hours of photography...

Archived