Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

the ease of a star adventurer M42 and Sirius. 4-2-18

Very nice Charl, had the same plan myself last night for a first try out the WOZ61 on the SWSA, just got PAd and focused through holes in the cloud, just got M42 in the corner of the frame and got clouded out :hmh:

Dave

WOZ61.thumb.png.e6c9f3db7ff3b6a26e515bf375b68310.png

thanks Dave, that's a nice shot mate, that combie going to work well for you, stars are looking good. yes fair bit of cloud here too, I banged off 10 qwick frames of each inbetween the evil stuff at a high iso just to keep my hand in, its ages since ive done some WF. charl 

3 hours ago, Space_Plane said:

Do you use any filters with yours?

thanks mate. no filters use, its a modded cam, ive a strange halo round Sirius, its only the 2nd time ive used the 1000d so it was a quick hi iso set of frames to test. dos your halos go when stopped down my m42 image is three clicks stopped down where the Sirius shot was wide open . charl.

Hi, thanks for the info!

My cam isn't modded, and I was shooting m45 just as a test, so all very bright I suppose, and only 1 stop down at f4. I'll have to try a few more variations when I get the skies and see, I'll maybe make a post in imaging somewhere if it persists. 

I was thinking it might be a focus thing, I just blindly put it at infinity, assumed it would be fine :icon_biggrin:

Thanks again! 

Archived