Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

PS crashes.

MilwaukeeLion

Anyone else having problems with CC 2018 ?  Updated from 2017 to 2018 and when I tried to open PS it abruptly turns off laptop (not a shutdown, turn off as in you yank plug without battery in it).  After spending hours of uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail,  Even previous version CC 2017 crashed.   Finally I turned off my Nvidia gracphics card so I'm only using Intel graphics and now CC 2018 seems to be working.  CC 2017 and previous version never had any problems with using 2 graphics cards or crashed that badly in past?  Frustrating..

Sounds like your graphics card is the culprit - putting heavy demand on the GFX which triggers the crash. Normally get a Blue/Black Screen of Death with hardware conflicts. Could be that the GFX is fried/overheating...  :(

Have you tried updating the drivers?

If it was a PC I'd want to try the card in a different AGP slot ...

15 minutes ago, Beulah said:

Sounds like your graphics card is the culprit - putting heavy demand on the GFX which triggers the crash. Normally get a Blue/Black Screen of Death with hardware conflicts. Could be that the GFX is fried/overheating...  :(

Have you tried updating the drivers?

If it was a PC I'd want to try the card in a different AGP slot ...

Thanks, MSI laptop, I updated both graphics cards early on after reading another users notes who was having same problem but didn't help me.  Then another suggestion was a printer driver may be interfering and that fixed someone's, but that didn't work on mine.  I don't like to have Adobe take over control of my laptop to fix bugs, might not have choice.  

3 minutes ago, Alien 13 said:

I too would look at graphics card drivers provided it meets the required min spec for the Adobe application.

Alan

Maybe they no longer accept my NVidea model card.  Well for time being, I can just go off Intel card I suppose since it works.

5 minutes ago, MilwaukeeLion said:

Maybe they no longer accept my NVidea model card.  Well for time being, I can just go off Intel card I suppose since it works.

It might not be the card as such but what features it has and what version of DirectX it can handle. Still a bit of a surprise though maybe Adobe will address this issue.

Alan

3 minutes ago, MilwaukeeLion said:

I have the GTX 870M, maybe they just banned that card.  After Effects works fine with both cards which needs much more processing power than PS, so card must be working ok.

I cant imagine that GTX 870M being a problem its a recent generation card and probably higher spec than a large portion of those on the PS userbase.

I dont have any other ideas apart from it being a driver issue of some sort, I have had conflicts in the past when Win 10 insisted that it updated my Graphics card to the latest Nvidia version rather than the Dell approved one (my lappy is Dell as far as hardware drivers are concerned).

Alan 

Archived