NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

remembering position with fixed mount

iwols

hi ,just about to set a pier in place,but was wondering how to remember the mounts position after power down,using Cartes du Ciel,eqmod ,sgp, as everytime i start a session the sync points have gone,cheers

It looks like you will be imaging so I would say don't bother and just platesolve. 

I normally platesolve to a star using APT to set up focus and phd2 calibration, you can then use cdc to confirm the mounts position on said star.

Up and running in about 10 mins.

'I normally goto++ to a star'

2 hours ago, spillage said:

just platesolve

+1. Even easier is to use APT to 'Goto++' a bright star near your target. Hit Sync. Now, not only do you have the star dead centre ready for focusing, but also pixel perfect cdc to frame your target as you want it. HTH. 

On 29/01/2018 at 13:29, alacant said:

+1. Even easier is to use APT to 'Goto++' a bright star near your target. Hit Sync. Now, not only do you have the star dead centre ready for focusing, but also pixel perfect cdc to frame your target as you want it. HTH. 

APT to 'Goto++', not quite sure what this means

When you click on objects you will be given a list of dso's and stars to choose from. You can download other lists that will contain more targets or add your own. It really is quite as easy as @alacant has suggested. 

APT will then move you mount to that position, use the camera connected to take a photo, assess its position and readjust the mount and continue until it is in the specified pixel position (ie within 5px).

If you load up an previous image from another night from within the IMG tab and then click solve and once solved click the solved button it will move you into the same position and you can then continue to image that target without causing stacking issues.

Archived