Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mount recommendations under £1000 for imaging?

buzz

This is not a newbie question but a genuine one, trying to find a sensible mount recommendation around £1000 for imaging. I already have an Avalon Linear and Paramount but I'm not up to date with the less expensive models. I'm trying to put a system together for a strict budget and which is going to be usable. I bought a GEM last year, which will remain nameless, which had a PE of 80" pk-pk. A replacement worm increased that to 110 and a replacement mount was worse still. It went back. I really don't want another horror story.

I did consider Fornax and Astrotrac but once you add all the bits together, the price is close to a GEM. The load will be no more than a medium refractor and small guidescope.

Any suggestions (it doesn't have to be new)?

If your considering second hand then a neq6 £600-700 and for about £100 you can buy and fit a belt kit, at the same time you can give it a service and tune up. May even have enough left for a well made wedge. I think the mk111 wedge is just about to be replaced with a new design.

Archived