NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Wildcat 'Cans' - Jones-Emberson 1 - WIP

steppenwolf

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 25/01/2018 at 09:34, ollypenrice said:

That's a thriller, Steve. My plan is to take some OIII unbinned to see if there's any fine structure and, if there isn't, to break from my habits and go for it binned. I see that JPM has combined OIII binned 4x4 (!) with an unbinned set to deepen his already remarkable rendition. Did yo find much structure in the OIII?

Olly

Great to see these wonderful images, and I'm looking forward to seeing your rendition, Olly!

I didn't find much detail in the OIII when I did this a while back.  This was 15 x 1800s OIII, binned 2x2.  Using just the NB for nebula colour, I found it hard to get the balance of blue/ green and brown tones .... and concluded that a LOT of RGB would probably be a better starting point to get the right colour balance.

Adrian

PK.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 26/01/2018 at 18:23, opticalpath said:

I didn't find much detail in the OIII when I did this a while back.  This was 15 x 1800s OIII, binned 2x2.  Using just the NB for nebula colour, I found it hard to get the balance of blue/ green and brown tones .... and concluded that a LOT of RGB would probably be a better starting point to get the right colour balance.

The OIII is certainly pretty thin in this object so an LRGB rendition would be an interesting project.

6 hours ago, iansmith said:

The central star is noted for being very blue so - would expect it to show up in the O3 subs more than the Ha ones.

Thanks for that observation, Ian

5 hours ago, Barry-Wilson said:

Sorry to have missed this image when first posted Steve - a cracking image.

Once again the fine optics of the Esprit tested and showing this 6" refractor can punch its weight with other premium large scopes.

I am thrilled to bits with this 'scope, Barry and contrary to what I thought soon after I purchased it, there is an endless supply of objects to track down with it!

On 04/03/2018 at 00:31, Kaliska said:

That sir, is exquisite!

Thank you!

7 hours ago, Rodd said:

Very nice.

Thanks, Rodd

7 hours ago, coatesg said:

Great image Steve - certainly faint in OIII, but the bi-colour image has worked really well :)

Thanks Graeme, I am always fascinated to see how even thin data can make a worthwhile contribution to the overall image.

Archived