Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC 7822. Crop with 100D and Star 71

StargeezerTim

I have had real problems getting anything like a nice image with this one. Part of the problem was that the framing shifted during imaging and the left half of the image was only half of the subs stacked and I just could not get a decent colour balance. It was also imaged during 'mushy' skies. So I decided to just concentrate on the centre part of the image, that at least stacked all the lights.

Ha was used as luminence and added to the red channel. there was 11 X 10 min, iso 1600 Ha subs and 29 X 5 min, iso 1600 RGB subs. Total 4 hrs 25 min integration time.

This is the best I can do, better than my first effort. It's not a very photogenic nebula, to my eyes. I don't want to hurt its feelings but it has none of the artistic merit of Orion, Horse and Flame, Elephant etc...

5a295d9ead3ab_7822cropdone.thumb.png.e8c239b0dd1547726cc5101fcc2d8129.png

13 minutes ago, Craney said:

Does this one have a name  ??   I have been staring at it Rorschach style for 5 mins and the best I can get is ....The Red Ewok Nebula.

I can't see a name for it. As it's first come first served, it will be known from now onwards as the Red Ewok Nebula. :hello2:

Archived