Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Problems installing drivers in Windows 10

Hi

Reinvigorated into imaging after attending a weekend SPA course at Preston Montford FSC centre, I've bought myself a Windows 10 laptop, but come up against a problem: I'm trying to install the drivers for the OpticStar DS335C ICE camera. I've got the latest drivers from OpticStar, but each time I try to install them, using the step-by-step instructions, I come up with a blue screen and the message:

"stop code SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED
What failed DS 335C64.sys"

I've checked that I have administrator rights and that my laptop is indeed 64 bit.

I've had no problems installing programs such as FireCapture (although version 6 didn't include the webcam option, so installed v.5 instead). Nebulosity which is on the same disk as the OpticStar camera loaded fine.

Can anyone help, before I chuck the blasted laptop through the window and really make it crash!!!! (I should probably say that I'm normally a Mac user, so not used to such problems!)

2 minutes ago, Thalestris24 said:

Hi

I don't know the camera but it sounds like you're trying to install something that is not compatible with your Windows 10? Maybe get in touch with the supplier? Or try Windows 7 compatibility mode?

Louise

The drivers provided by OpticStar are supposed to work okay in Windows 10. I've been in contact with them and they tell me that other customers running Windows 10 have had no problems

Are you running native Windows 10 i.e. not under another os? Are there any pre-requisites such as having the Ascom platform installed? Antivirus software causing a problem?

If you have access to another Windows 10 PC or laptop you could try that.

Other than the above, I don't know what to suggest I'm afraid.

Louise

Edit: is it a new laptop? Is the win 10 up to date? Does it recognize your camera (without the driver)? Is the driver on a CD or downloaded? Try disabling anti virus (disconnect from internet)

Thanks for your replies. It's a new laptop running Win 10. It seems to have updated itself. When I plug the camera in, it wants to load drivers automatically, but as per the instructions I have been given I prevent it and go through the manual loading process, but no luck. I contacted Opticstar when I encountered the problem and just in case the files had corrupted during downloading, they sent me a cd with the files, but I still end up with the same error message. I'm now considering getting a more modern camera, which is probably the best way forward, since the imaging chips have improved enormously since I bought the Opticstar camera.

Hi 

I assume you have the driver installation files saved on your hard drive. There are a few things you could try - run the installation in compatibility mode as a windows 7 file. Try running the installation as administrator. Not sure if it might be possible to install 32-bit drivers in xp/compatibility mode. Anyway, it's probably something simple causing the problem if Opticstar say it should work...

Louise

There may well have been folk using the camera OK on Win10 but when was this ? any Windows update can stuff anything that worked before  :-(

You could install a Bootcamp partition on your Mac to run Windows stuff I've done this with mine, seems to work OK

Dave

Archived