Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC 7000, I think! (slightly less aggressive redo) +1

simmo39

Hi all, clear night last night! so out with the QHY 10 for a proper session now I have got it sorted ( well i think I have )  Set the GOTO for NGC 7000 and set the camera off on 22 x 8 min subs. Those of you who know the QHY 10 know how difficult it is trying to work out if you are looking at the right place but as I could see a faint hint of red I must be close!. This is the first image that I feel I have had some control over. The camera is a bit of a beast to tame but it does perform! I just need more cloud less nights to get the hang of it!

37749705665_543eb3a9f4_b.jpg

The redo

24779309318_0ea3595105_b.jpg

Hints and tips most welcome,

Very good detail and the star colours are nice and vibrant.

Only criticism I can give is the darker regions in the image are a bit green. HVLG and a quick levels adjustment with the black point on the green channel will help a great deal.

13 minutes ago, Carl M said:

Very good detail and the star colours are nice and vibrant.

Only criticism I can give is the darker regions in the image are a bit green. HVLG and a quick levels adjustment with the black point on the green channel will help a great deal.

Hi, had a play with the green point but all i seem to end up doing is making the background blue. will have to play some more and see if i can sort it. thanks.

The second version looks like you’ve extracted the colour gradients but it’s taken some of the nebulosity with it. It should be possible to remove the blue/green cast from the first image without hitting the red so hard. In PixInsight, two applications of SNCR on green (100%) and blue (maybe 50%) should do it. I don’t know what that would be in other processing software. 

49 minutes ago, Filroden said:

The second version looks like you’ve extracted the colour gradients but it’s taken some of the nebulosity with it. It should be possible to remove the blue/green cast from the first image without hitting the red so hard. In PixInsight, two applications of SNCR on green (100%) and blue (maybe 50%) should do it. I don’t know what that would be in other processing software. 

Hi thanks for the pointer, will give it a go. I tried the SNCR on green but didnt thik about using the blue.

Archived