Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

when all goes well

adder001

When everything goes well and you are not pushed for time or work/family commitments this hobby is the most relaxing and interesting hobby there is. Last night I finally had the chance to use my star adventurer for a full evening instead of racing against the clock or trying to work around a cloud or some other inconvenience. I decided to target andromeda as it was the easiest and from my back yard as it was perfectly positioned and also I wanted to give my star adventurer a good test. I set it going on a 200mm lens for 1 minute exposures at 1600iso. It was great. I just set it going taking pictures and sat back in my camping chair taking in a very rare beautiful clear sky by eye only. Its easy to forget just how beautiful it all is when only observing by eye as we get draw in by more tech to aid us.

I think this might just be my new observing technique whilst also getting some great pics or maybe get a pair of binos.

Anyway this was andromeda which is by far the best I have ever taken. I also took pleides and had a go at m33 but that didnt work. I think I missed the targetandromeda_29thOct17_2.thumb.jpg.a3ab55226cb23e65b9d6a8c5f5f2f63d.jpg?

pleides.jpg

Exerllent image,and i,m glad it worked out for you.

I tried twice last night to get out and each time it clouded up and started to rain.

Rush to put away the gear,then a pain to get it out again, then rain again.

Went to bed.

Seriously for 1 minute exposures thats good.

Mick.

51 minutes ago, astro mick said:

I tried twice last night to get out and each time it clouded up and started to rain.

Rush to put away the gear,then a pain to get it out again, then rain again.

I feel your pain. I have had the star adventurer for about 2 months now and this is the first time that I have had a whole uninterrupted evening with it due to mainly the weather

Archived