Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

long exposure with the DMK21

I am confused!

I'm using the IC software and have set the exposure to 8 seconds... (I've tried 1, 2, 4 and 8 seconds).

In the live screen is updates every X seconds - lovely I thought that was easy - almost too easy.

So I then click the little red round button and off is goes at 30 frames a second.

Now I always thought I was good at math, but I can't for the life of me work out how it manages to get 30 8 seconds frames per second :scratch:

:D

Am I being really very stupid tonight?

Ant

Is the frame rate fixed on the camera, or can you reduce it. I thought they did 60 fps. How can you select an 8 second exposure, if the thing runs at 30fps.

Do you not multiply the exposure time by the frame rate Ant. IE 8secsx 30 fps =240 frames. :D

Ron.

When I used to capture the output from the watec (integrating camera) as avi I used to used frame rates of less than 1. So if I was integrating at maximum (which was just over 10s) then I'd set the frame rate to 0.1 frames per second - so it took one per 10s. It worked for me, don't know if its any use to you with your software though :D

Helen

I would have thought that the exposure would have overridden the frame rate.

I tried changing the frame rate to 3.75 FPS (the slowest setting) and it changed the frame frame - but only down to 3.5 per second.

Cheers Gaz, I'll give that a go.

Ant

I would have thought that the exposure would have overridden the frame rate.

I think it should do, I'm not sure exactly how it works mate bit I know I've had .avis that should have had 1000 frames in them given the framerate/ length and they turned out to have 2000. I think the extra 1000 were because my exposure time was quicker than my framerate.... :D

OK that seems to be a solution...

Saving a sequence of images. The only snag with that is you only have two choices JPG (compressed) or BMP, the BMP is only 8bit and each frame seems to be 302Kb - seems on the low side to me!

Might have to go out in a minute and see if I can get something, while I wait for the moon to rise further.

Ant

Archived