Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

This bloomin software!

krobbo

Hi again! 

So hardware list completed drivers downloaded all talking ok.  Software downloaded registax  DSS sharpcap backyard eos and more. Reading Steve Richards excellent book making every photon count I'm trying to prep the software. First thing do the bias frames. Ok. Getting them to stack for a master bias frame? No chance! I've tried running these frames through all the stacking software no luck. I've raw and jpegs but none will process them. DSS is supposed to be one of the best but it keeps asking for light frames? 

Somebody please put me out of my nightmare before I bin the bloody lot! 

Oh to have a point and click piece of software that'll just do it all !!!

You don’t have to produce a master frame yourself. With DSS you add all your bias frames, dark frames and light frames, and hit go. It does everything else for you - makes a master bias, master dark and master flat, and applies them to your lightframes. S’as point and click as it gets really. 

Once you've put all your calibration frames into DSS with your light frames and stacked is when the masters are created. After you've stacked once there will be a new frame in the corresponding folder named master flat/ bias/ dark. 

I believe you can only create masters of your calibration frames in paid for software such as Astro art/ pixinsight etc 

If DSS won't let you make master calibration images, you can fool it. Just load the calibration images, and a few dummy lights. Then stack. DSS should make the masters, and you just bin the rest. But as Marci wrote: you don't have to make the masters. Having masters ready will however speed up any future process.

Archived