Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Battery charger at Lidl

ejp1684

I bought one of these today and first impressions are good.  It has 4 charge rates, one for 6v batteries, one for motorcycle batteries (<=14Ah), one for car batteries (>14Ah) and one for AGM batteries.  It does pulse charging, trickle charging and runs a desulfate cycle too.  

Sounds impressive :)  Probably won't be any left by the time I go to Lidl though!  Actually, I have a high power charger I built years ago for charging tractor batteries but it has a strange fault - it won't charge a flat battery.  If I partly charge a flat battery with a cheapo 5A car battery charger it works fine.  Maybe I should add yet another item to my enormous project list :D  It shouldn't be all that difficult to fix the fault but...

I bought an iMaxB6 (clone, probably) off eBay and it's great, brought lots of old Nicad and NiMH packs back to life by cycling them (and gave me confidence to junk the duff ones), charges teensy 350mAH LiPOs up to big ones and does a great job on the 12V 7Ah SLA battery for my mount.

Archived