Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

APT, EQMOD and Stellarium, help needed

LightBucket

On 19/09/2017 at 20:29, geordie85 said:

Some very useful links that got me up and running but I use stellarium scope and Astrotortilla. Still may be of use to you.

Setting up stellarium scope and eqmod

http://www.lightvortexastronomy.com/tutorial-setting-up-an-equatorial-mount-on-ascom-with-eqmod-stellarium-and-cartes-du-ciel.html

Setting up Astrotortilla 

http://www.lightvortexastronomy.com/tutorial-setting-up-and-using-astrotortilla-for-plate-solving.html

Hope these help

Apologies geordie85 and Marci. I never thanked you for your advice which has worked a treat.....sooo.... thank You!!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
On 17/9/2017 at 22:33, Marci said:

Hook it all up, start Ascom POTHub, connect to scope after choosing appropriate Ascom EQMod driver.

Open Stellarium Scope Control, set it up to connect to POT Hub for Scope, launch Stellarium

(Optional: Open PHD2, connect to guide cam and POT Hub for Scope.)

Open APT, connect to POT Hub for Scope. (If detects PHD running, should auto setup dithering)

Use APT platesolving to sort alignment, which will auto-add sync points on solve. Or if using PHD you can use it's drift align routine (my preference).

Done.

Flip to Stellarium, pick & slew to target. (Opt: PHD should auto choose star and start guiding). Flip to APT, (optional: find target in obj chooser, platesolve & auto align to target to let APT centre precisely on target... then use focus aid to perfect focus on a star in frame.)

Set up your shooting sequence, hit go.

Launch DeepSkyStacker Live, point it wherever APT is storing frames, leave it to auto stack and stretch for realtime stacked preview.

Hi Marci,

I have a similar problem with my azeq5(connected directly to eqmode by its usb port without adapter and work well) , I have try to connect phd2 with sgp with poth hub, phd connect with azeq5 correctly but  sgp try to connect but response from eqmode is "error connection: port not available" .
What I wrong?

Thanks

No idea on SGP - never used it. Should simply be tell everything to connect to POT Hub, and when connecting to POTHub, there is no port involved, therefore the conclusion I draw is that SGP is likely still set to connect direct to the EQMod driver, rather than to POT Hub.

2 hours ago, Marci said:

No idea on SGP - never used it. Should simply be tell everything to connect to POT Hub, and when connecting to POTHub, there is no port involved, therefore the conclusion I draw is that SGP is likely still set to connect direct to the EQMod driver, rather than to POT Hub.

Thanks

19 minutes ago, LightBucket said:

Forget POT Hub and connect direct;y to all software using the Ascom drivers, works fine.... :)

Don't work...

Archived