NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Simple video editing software?

michaelmorris

I would suggest for simple, windows movie maker unfortunately microsoft have dropped it alltogether.  The version (2.6vista) linked from @Bizibilder post is a bit old, you can find installers on the net for 'Windows Essential 2012' movie maker V16.4 was part of that package.  I know some have trouble getting V16.4 to run on modern computers (possibly why microsoft have dropped it) but it has always worked for me (only install MM not other essential's).

A free version of Da Vinci Resolve is available, not simple but very stable and useable, I was impressed when I played with it a couple of months ago.  I had memory problems with it and eventually installed a cheap graphic card on my desktop, strangely no problems on my slightly lower spec laptop?

DaVinci Resolve 14 Public Beta download from bottom of the page (Win,Mac & Linux)  also a good manual and forum and the usual youtube stuff.

6 hours ago, Mick J said:

I would suggest for simple, windows movie maker unfortunately microsoft have dropped it alltogether.  The version (2.6vista) linked from @Bizibilder post is a bit old, you can find installers on the net for 'Windows Essential 2012' movie maker V16.4 was part of that package.  I know some have trouble getting V16.4 to run on modern computers (possibly why microsoft have dropped it) but it has always worked for me (only install MM not other essential's).

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately the movie maker program won't load on either of my Windows 7 machines.

• 5 years later...
29 minutes ago, paulss said:

Sorry for bumping in, but I'm also on the lookout for a simple video editing software. I wonder which one you have tried so far and can recommend to the rest of the world?

HitFilm Express is one, but if you really want a decent powerful program that is free then it has to be DaVinci Resolve

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fozzybear said:

+1

The thing is that whilst Resolve is a powerful application, and may look daunting at first, it is simple to use - with drag and drop to the timeline, simple in and out trimming and pre-sets for rendering the final video.  If you do then want to get fancy with effects or transitions beyond basic wipes or crossfades it's all there

DR.jpg.487a802be9537eef00a11b8213204c0c.jpg

• Like 1