Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

RIP Melvyn Taylor!

Gasman

Very sad to receive an email from Guy Hurst informing of the passing of Melvyn Taylor today. Melvyn was an excellent binocular variable star observer and always willing to offer help and advice to anyone who asked. Condolences to his family.

Steve

I heard this very sad news this morning from Guy Hurst ("The Astronomer").

I have known Melvyn since the JAS days. We first met at a BAA meeting in Chester in the 1960's and I have a photo of us waiting

to be welcomed into membership by V Barocas. Patrick Moore was there aswell. Last saw Melvyn at a VSS meeting in York a few years ago. From now on I shall always think of him when it is the Perseid maximum (and my daughter's birthday!).

A lovely guy with a smashing Yorkshire accent.

Graham Winstanley

A grand lad and a guy who got a lot out of astronomy science with a pair of binoculars.Very proud of his Yorkshire roots and a member of the county cricket club. A great friend over some 43 years . RIP Melvyn.

Archived