Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WO Star 71 and ASI1600MM-C with FW... Balancing

An update ... @Davey-T was super kind to knock me up an aluminium plate with proper WO spacing and holes for me to attached my guidescope. I would like to take this opportunity to personally thank him and mention the great work he has done to help me out. A true asset to this community and humanity. Needless to say, he didn't ask for anything in return but i promise to buy him a beer or two at least for his efforts and generosity.

And here is the result:

plate.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, souls33k3r said:

An update ... @Davey-T was super kind to knock me up an aluminium plate with proper WO spacing and holes for me to attached my guidescope. I would like to take this opportunity to personally thank him and mention the great work he has done to help me out. A true asset to this community and humanity. Needless to say, he didn't ask for anything in return but i promise to buy him a beer or two at least for his efforts and generosity.

And here is the result:

plate.jpg

I meant a picture of it attached to the scope to hide the rough job :grin:

Dave

Pat on the back for Davey T.

These WO scopes have lovely optics but some of the design features are not so good.  I had a discussion with Steppenwolf about this at Astrofest once.

The soppy little "foot" they put on the bottom leaves no leeway to balance the Scope on the mount, so I had to add an extra dovetail, and then I found it difficult (even raised up on both the foot and dovetail) to get my fingers behind to get hold of the focusser knob.  + No-where on mine to put a finderscope.  

Currently I now use it on top of a guidescope mount on a dual rig so both those problems have disappeared.  The focus lock now is still just behind the guidescope mount, but as it doesn't have to sit on a long dovetail i can reach it more easily.

Last remaining groan is that I can't seem to find a click lock for it to eradicate tilt, but again Davey T thinks he has the solution. 

Carole Dual%20Rig%20ED80%20and%20WO.jpg

Archived